Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Part 1: I just drank my weight in milkshake.

Hello lads! It's been a while, again. Or maybe this is just a normal amount of time and I should stop apologizing. Either way.. Here we are.. my back is better although still numb, and we are entering our last 3 weeks of class.

Since our last chat I've spent a lot of time, well, in Siena. Giving my back a chance to rest and spending the last few weekends I have in the town that I have come to call home for the past 4 months.

This past week however was our 'Spring Break' and my two vacation spots were Dublin and London. I was excited about both of these cities not only because I would be able to fully communicate with people but because I have wanted to visit them both for a very long time.

Kelsey, Amanda and I left on Wednesday night. The process to get to Pisa Aeroporto is 3 different trains.

  We made our way to the airport around and boarded our flight for London. Our flight into Dublin did not leave until 6 am, which allowed us enough time to sleep, but not to justify the cost of a hotel room. Alas, we camped out in the Stansted airport also known as 'Camp Stansted' by airport sleeping authorities. We found some food and settled in for a nice long nap.


In this story, 'nice long nap' really means 3 hours of cold, hard, floor with a backpack-pillow. We arose from this most glorious of sleeps, boarded the plane and were on our way to Dublin.


Side effects of said, 'long term nap'




At this point, my level of excitement was off the charts. Ireland has always been a place I wanted to go, and it was finally happening.
We checked into our hostel which was great! Then we set out on a walking tour of the city...which lasted about 3 hours, while our ability to fight off sleep only lasted about 2. We went back to the hostel and took a power nap, got some dinner (hello amazing burger) and were signed up for a pub crawl later that night. Turns out that the pub crawl was cancelled due to good Friday, so we just found a couple places on our own and still managed to have a great time..
















The next day we took a bus tour up the north coast. Oh my gosh. The world is such a beautiful place...





















Of Course, it was delicious

 After our tour, followed by some Fish N' Chips, we got milkshakes. We made friends with the owner, and sat in his shop for an hour or so. He gave us samples of so many milkshakes. We all felt huge, but so intensely satisfied.



All in all, it was such a great trip. Leaving was hard, but there was much in store for London...

No comments:

Post a Comment