Monday, February 7, 2011

San Gimignano, Paris and my first Concerto

Buona Sera!

Today marks week 2 of Intensive Italian Classes, and holy moly....I'm overwhelmed to say the least.

Friday after school, Lauren and I got dinner in the Campo and went to a concerto at the local theater, Handel e Napoli. It was so great! Good conversation, wine, pasta and a good concerto. What more could a girl ask for? Our tickets were only 8 euro and gave us our own balcony with great view! Here is a picture of the theater...




On Saturday we made a trip to San Gimignano which, for lack of a better description is amazing, and is comparable to Jerome in Arizona, only much cooler. It is a tiny town on top of a hill, towers surrounded by a beautiful wall. One of the main intentions of the trip was to eat at the world renowned Gelato shop they have there. To our dismay, it was closed! Sad sad moment that was. We did however have some gelato found down the street which was benissimo, as you can see by my dear friends below



Sunday marked 1 year that John and I have been dating "again" :) but since we were oceans apart, the day was spent relaxing, getting organized and a little bit of shopping. I went on a walk through town, ended up very lost and discovered some cool new areas of Siena. I eventually found my way back home, and may not ever be able to repeat my route, but it was well worth it. Here are some pictures I captured along the way






I booked my first, of hopefully many, trips to Paris! I will be there from April 1-3. I am SO excited.  I am also planning a London/Dublin trip in April. Much to look forward to.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment